What is Creative Elements?

Creative Elements offers quality art instruction in a variety of ways-- parent/child classes for preschoolers, summer and after school classes for children, private lessons, classes for adults, Art centered birthday parties, customized art classes in your neighborhood, and more!!!


Every child is an artist. The problem is how to remain an artist once we grow up. ~Pablo Picasso




Friday, August 19, 2011

An Exciting Endeavor!

I feel like I have dropped the ball somewhat this summer on blogging about the different art classes I taught. It will happen. . . eventually. All of my free "art time" has been taken up by an exciting new endeavor that will require a temporary pause from teaching my Creative Elements classes. The PTO at the school my children attend has set aside a nice chunk of money to be used toward starting a volunteer powered art program. Any guesses who they asked to head it up? :) I was excited to jump on board with this project. I have such fond memories of my elementary art teacher. She was a huge influence in my life and I most likely would not have developed the love of art that I now have without the art education I received as a child. The whole reason I started Creative Elements is because I saw a huge void in the elementary school system. I knew I could teach art to my own children, but what about everyone else? This program will provide a once a month art lesson based on an influential artist for each grade that will be presented by a parent or grandparent volunteer. I have to give a huge thank you to Mary Mac Elementary who were so willing to share with us what they have already been doing. I was able to use that as a foundation and then build on it even more, applying my background in art education. It is a huge undertaking, but I feel so strongly about it. I'm excited to make a difference in our children's education! So please be patient. I will do other classes eventually and I do still have Clay studio time available at my home. And maybe, just maybe, when the kiddos get back to school I will actually be able to post some pictures from this summer!

No comments:

Post a Comment